Bring everything you need to stop and catch that big fish with this handy, compact DIY glove box fishing rod. Don’t miss the video tutorial at the bottom!
Join Our Newsletter
5 Steps to Build this Fun Custom Fishing Hack
The glove box fishing rod is as easy to build as it is fun to fish, follow these steps to build your own and stay tuned to see what it can catch.
1. Gather Tools and Materials
To build the Glove Box Fishing Rod, you need:
- 3/4″ PVC Tube
- 3″ x 1″ Rubber/Vinyl Butt Cap
- #25 – 1″ I.D. RBC Door Knob Style Butt Cap
- 25mm Yellow Colored Heat Shrink Grip Material
- Yellow 1/6″ Utility Cord Rope
- 1″ I.D. EVA Foam Rear Grip
- Standard “Eye Hook”
- Light Tackle
- Fishing Line
And for tools, you will use:
2. Measure and Mark Components
3. Cut and Fit Rod Components
4. Fasten Rope and Fishing Line
5. Fill Rod Tube with Fishing Tackle
Watch Video Tutorial for DIY Glove Box Fishing Rod
Check out this step by step video and see what a DIY glove box rod can catch!
Custom Rod Building is a craft with infinite possibilities, see what you can build at Mud Hole!